Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the Library of Things
The Library of Things is a collection of items - such as games, consumer electronics, and tools - that you can check out with your library card. Use this guide to explore the Things and how it works.
- Items may be checked out at the Reference Desk (or arranged in advance for curbside checkout) by Milton residents aged 18 or older with valid library card
- Items must be returned to the MPL Reference Desk or curbside return may be arranged
- When checking out, patron must review and sign a borrower agreement
- Late fees are $5/day and borrower is responsible for replacement costs for lost or damaged items
- Check-out period is 2 weeks; 1 item may be checked out a time per patron
- Please call 617-898-4964 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions
NEW "Active" items to support Milton Moves
pedometer, jump rope, ankle weights, balance board, hiking poles, frisbees, Slammo, action camera kit, walkie talkies, croquet set, badminton set, yoga blocks
NEW item: Chromebooks
Check out a laptop computer that includes a hotspot internet connection
NEW item: STEM Kits
Hands-on learning bundles include books, toy and activity card
- In order to borrow an item, a patron must be a Milton resident aged 18 years or older, have a valid OCLN library card and be in good standing, and sign a borrower agreement
- 14 day loan period
- Overdue fines are $5 per day
- Items are available to be checked out and returned in person at the MPL Reference Desk or via curbside services arranged in advance. Items may not be returned via book drop or at another OCLN Library.
- Items are limited to one at a time per patron
- The Library is not responsible for any costs incurred or damage to personal equipment while borrowers use the items or for the security of connected patron devices.
- Borrowers are responsible for the safe-keeping and return of these items to the library in good working order and assume liability for the equipment and packaging while it is in their care. Borrower is responsible for damaged and/or missing pieces. See individual item descriptions for replacement costs.
- The Library does its best to provide clean and fully functional equipment, but is not responsible for unforeseen hardware or software failure.
- The Library reserves the right to remotely disable any Chromebook that is overdue or has been reported lost.