A small but mighty group joined us for this meeting. Our feedback: this book was generally well-liked. A few misses, but mostly hits.
We were also joined by bartender Michaela Collins from the Ashmont Grill, who gave a demonstration on how to make a cocktail/mocktail (recipe included below).
* If taleggio cannot be found, fontina might be a good substitute.
* The chef suggests that this can also be used in a salad. She cut up the shrimp and also used the onions and parsley from the marinade over greens.
* The chef felt chorizo was not a great complement to this queso, but enjoyed lime tortilla chips with it much better.
* The chef chose to add cheese, which the recipe does not call for.
* The chef used the beef filling.
* This is a picture of Connie's rhubarb simple syrup. Freeze the leftovers in an ice cube tray for the future!